Sunday, October 17, 2010

Claws and Antlers!

So it seems that perhaps my Rangers blog helped my boys play a badass game yesterday! :) I'm only kidding, but if you were at the game yesterday or if you watched on TV and witnessed the Rangers bounce back from that unfortunate Friday night, it's easy to see why I love those Rangers so! Props to my previously mentioned allstars (in my book anyway) Murphy, Cruz and Andrus for being on fire yesterday!


By the way, as the announcer read the Rangers starting line-up and called Murphy's name, Miles called boomstick before the game even started! "Murphy is gonna hit one out today." First at-bat...he hit a freakin bomb! This comes one day after he called Hamilton's first inning homerun...he said "I'm putting in the boomstick call, even though it's just the first inning I'm making the call!" Couple pitches later...SEE YA!!!!! Milesykins, how I love you. And since I'm on the subject of Hambone, seeing them walk him about fifty times yesterday was a bit annoying. Oh well! I guess that's what happens when you hit a three-run shot in the first inning of the first game of a series AND you are the batting champion AND a candidate for MVP. Just another day at the office for Josh Hamilton...


Speaking of Hamilton, being the creeper that I am, I found his wife on Twitter. I have absolutely NO IDEA how to actually post a tweet or anything, but I know how to find people on the dang website! I am now a follower of CJ Wilson and Katie Hamilton. :) It's kinda cool that they allow people like me to basically stalk them. Haha! And while I'm talking about CJ - I failed to mention him yesterday but he definitely deserves a shout out for his outstanding performance on Friday. Claws to you, CJ.

I must mention our thrilling experience before the game yesterday. We got there 3 hours early so we could watch bp...and aren't we glad we did! Josh Hamilton batting...all the pitchers in right field warming up...ball is hit to Derek Holland...we hold our hands up and he throws it (not the best throw, maybe he wasn't warm yet...) and we both freaking miss it! It lands in the section below us, and I briefly think about tackling Chelsea (and had I been enough paying attention to realize that oh, hey, that's off Josh Hamilton's bat I never would've backed down...), but I remember our slap match from last weekend and let her have it. Yes, she smacked me right across the face after the game last week, so naturally I hit her back and then she gets pissed at me (of course) and mom, because "she always takes my side." Seriously? Are we 10 again? :) Needless to say, I didn't want a replay of last week, and I figure bp just started, surely I'll get a ball at some point. UM SIKE. Thank you Cliff Lee and Tommy Hunter for messing with my mind for the next hour and teasing me only to NEVER actually throw me a ball. It's cool...I'm not bitter. At least I have the fond memory of two phenomenal pitchers looking at me, pretending they had a ball in their glove and laughing their asses off as I freaked out for them to throw it to me...then realized that they were totally f'ing with me. Chels says it's because I sound like a man. Whatev.

So now it's Game 3 in the Big Apple with my new bff Cliff on the hump. As CJ tweeted last night after the game, "it's now a 5 game series with Cliff Lee pitching Game 1." Sounds like a familiar situation to me! World Series tickets on sale this morning...yes please!

Chaunce is getting antsy ready to go do something, so I guess I'll quit rambling on. Joe T's here we come! :)

CLAWS AND ANTLERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment