Thursday, March 13, 2014

Random hormone-driven thoughts...

Well...here we are - Week 16 and still going strong!  This is all so crazy.  We struggled for so long to get pregnant, then with the miscarriages and failed attempts with fertility, we never actually looked past the whole "getting pregnant" part.  Now we are well past that, and it's finally hit me - I'm going to be a MOM!  Go ahead and insert multiple cuss words here that I'm currently trying to eliminate from my vocabulary. No mommy needs a mouth like this sailor!  Crap, one more thing I gotta work on.

If there's one thing I know, it's this: Some of you were born to be moms.  Some people just have that natural knack for taking care of others and becoming a mother is just a natural next step for you.  Well, I've never been like that.  I never played with barbies, pretty sure I was never the mom when we played house, and remembering to feed my dog often proves difficult for me.  Of course I thought many times that maybe God didn't think I'd be able to handle being a mom, which would explain the obstacles we faced to get pregnant.  Who knows what His reasoning was, but I can say with full confidence that Miles and I truly believe that God has had a plan for us all along, and His plan is perfect.  I do, after all, appreciate the ridiculous excess amount of sleep I've gotten over the past few years.  I can only hope and pray that all the reading and studying I'm doing will help kick me into turbo mom-gear once this baby arrives.  Of course Chels tries to give me some on-the-job-training with Chance, and for the most part, I'm okay.  But give me that kid with a poopy diaper and I just about vomit.  How long can I blame the gag reflexes and strong smells on the pregnancy?  :)  Let's just hope the whole "it'll be different when it's your own" holds true for us, or Miles will be changing a few million dirty diapers over the next several years!  I wonder if we could teach Hambone to help out??

Speaking of Hambone, I'm TERRIFIED that he's going to go deep into doggie depression when the baby gets here.  I know, I sound ridiculous, but I don't think many people realize how unbelievably spoiled our dog is.  And JEALOUS.  Wow.  He's so sweet, and I have zero fear that his jealousy is or ever will be dangerous in any way, well except to his own health.  It's been 4 1/2 years that he's been our sole focus, and all I hear is how your dog becomes fifth tier and you don't even pay attention to him anymore, and how we'll probably want to get rid of him, and blah blah blah.  What the heck!?  We love him so much, and as THRILLED as we are about finally having a baby, I can't help but be sad about our little Boner.  Guess we'll spoil him even more rotten for the next 5 months (yeah, that'll help, right?)  Am I alone on this?  Did anyone else feel this way about their pet?

As far as pregnancy symptoms, I've been so lucky.  No morning sickness, very few headaches or issues with heartburn (and when it does happen, you can bet I'm a huuuuuge baby about it).  I was incredibly tired at first, but that's been better for the past month or so.  I can sleep all the time anyway, so that was nothing new (I know I know, enjoy it while you can).  Surprisingly I'm really enjoying being pregnant.  Not gonna lie, I could definitely go for a margarita or a glass of Moscato, but overall, I feel great and I'm eating more than I've eaten in years and I don't even feel bad about it!  The cravings haven't been out of control, but the appetite has totally taken over.  I mean TOTALLY taken over.  As in I could eat 24 hours a day.  I don't, but I could.  Moving on.  I'm starting to show, but it's that early "is she getting fat or is she pregnant?" stage.  And considering how much I've eaten, both are actually true.  I wonder if Weight Watchers will pay me $3 million to lose all this weight once I'm done?  I mean, I'd pull a Kate Hudson-first pregnancy-90 pound weight gain for that kind of money.  Damn you, Jessica Simpson....err..I mean, Dang you!  Hey, I'm a work in progress.

Ok, I believe I've over-shared enough for tonight.  PLEASE pray for the health and growth of this precious baby, and also that mom and dad will get it together before his/her arrival in August!  Lord help us!  Oh!  And we find out - his or her - on March 30th!  Stay tuned!









No comments:

Post a Comment